Tuesday, July 28, 2015

An Ocean in the Sky

What would it be like if the waves in the ocean were to freeze? And time were to stop? Would we freeze in the moment too? All this might not happen in the real world, but your imagination has the power to take you to the moon and back.

Cruising at an altitude of 36,000 ft, I could see an ocean below me with waves standstill. A hue of orange and purple spreads across the horizon. The grey stripes only added to the splendour of the whole scene.

They say you can catch the most beautiful sunset at a beach. I say you can catch it at its best up there — at 36,000 ft. The setting sun lights up the whole horizon and spreads the beautiful shades of orange on the painting in front of me.

This unadulterated beauty and the sheer thrill of being one with the cumulus clouds makes me love flying. But I don't wish I were a bird. I'm happy taking in the sights and relishing them as a mortal human.

As the earth rotates and I lose the sun to the clouds, I can't help but thank the elements for making me witness this real beauty. The bright orange turns to a tinge and eventually fades away. The setting sun gives me hope that it'll rise again for you and me.

The sun drew a line at the horizon

2 comments:

  1. It was truly a visual treat....the content I mean...felt like I was right there with you!!...awesome!!..cheers!

    ReplyDelete